Date : 1202 | Medium : Wrought Iron
This door occupied a central place in the choir of the Ourscamp Cistercian church (in the country of Oise) in the early thirteenth century. Its decorative motifs are laid out in tiered rows in a false symmetry of scrolls which taper and close in a polished eye. The key bindings suggest nets held by forged chains. The balance of each of the two doors echoes the golden number.